At Fox Dental Surgery we believe in taking a comprehensive and holistic approach to your dental health. At your initial assessment and all recalls thereafter, we focus on:
- the overall health of your teeth and dental restorations
- the health of your gums, examining you for bleeding, inflammation and bone loss
- your tongue, lips, cheeks, glands and jaw, performing an oral cancer check
- your jaw joints to check that they are correctly aligned
- for excessive wear on your teeth
- under old fillings, between your teeth and under your teeth by taking low dose digital X-rays when necessary, to evaluate any hidden problems
We focus not only on your dental health but also on your general health. A regular updating of your medical status allows us to inform you of the effect that any new medication or changes in your wellbeing may have on your dental health, or any planned treatments. At the end of the examination, we will discuss our findings with you and design a treatment plan tailored to your specific needs. We encourage all adults to visit us twice a year for a full dental health check, and to book a visit with our hygienist as necessary to help keep dentally healthy.